Windows 10 was launched in 2015 July by Microsoft Corporation, replacing Windows 8.1 as their primary Operating System Offering. Right from the start, Windows 10 was a huge hit. It was loved by many and used by all. There are a lot of unique features in Windows 10, which makes it a perfect Operating System for people of all different skill trees. Now Windows 10 is the most used Operating System with over 400 million active users.
To activate and use Windows 10, you need a digital key called the product key. It is a 25 digit Unique key that can be used to activate the windows and start using it as it was meant to be. If you already have an Original Version of Windows, you do not need to activate the system separately. It will get activated on its own and get auto-updates. But not everyone can afford the original version; hence these digital keys can be used to activate the windows 10 OS. Now the question is, why do you need an original OS? What extra advantage does it give? Well, this is exactly what we are going to discuss in this article.
Why do you need an original version of Windows 10?
There are different versions of Windows 10, like Windows 10 Home, Windows 10, Enterprise, Windows 10 Education, and Windows 10 Professional. Although there are some differences in features among the versions mentioned, there are a lot of amazing common features that are only available on the original version of the Operating System. Let us take a look at some of the features:
- XBOX gaming app
- Better Multitasking features
- Cortana Voice assistant
- Availability of Universal apps
- For Microsoft Office, you get touch support
- Have the option to switch between different modes
- A unified settings feature
- Always get the latest updates
Apart from this, if you are using a deactivated version of windows, you will continuously get a “Activate your windows” message on your desktop, which frankly can be very annoying. To avoid this, all you have to do is activate your windows, and if you are wondering how to do that, we will teach you that soon.
Everything you need to know about Product Keys
Product keys are Unique 25 digit keys designed by the Engineers of Microsoft, to activate your windows 10 Operating System. The main purpose of this Product key is used to prevent fraud and stealing. Every key that these Engineers make is unique and will only work once per Computer unless they have designed to work for more computers. Hence nobody can use these keys to activate multiple versions of Windows 10. It must be noted that there are various versions of these product keys which might damage your system, so you must be very careful while using them. It is advised that you should always buy from a verified Microsoft store or vendor.
To save you from the trouble of looking for Product keys which work, we have compiled a windows 10 product key list, which is found using the Windows 10 key generator, which we will discuss soon.
How to check if your Windows 10 is activated or not?
Knowing, whether your windows are activated or not is a very simple task. All you have to do is go to the Windows button on the bottom of your screen and right-click on it. You will see an option called “Windows Activation,” under that; you will notice that there is a statement. If your windows are activated, it will show that “Windows is installed.”
Now, suppose you have the latest creators update, then the process to check whether your windows are activated is a bit different. Right-click on the windows button and go to System. Then you will be taken to a menu called About, where if you scroll down, you will see all the information regarding your Windows 10, along with whether it is activated or not.
List of Working Windows 10 Product Keys & Activation Code
The following keys are Windows 10 product key free samples. All of the keys are generated from the best and the latest Windows 10 product key generator, and all of them work perfectly fine and are safe to use.
Now some product keys only work with certain versions of Windows. Let us take a quick look at some of them:
- Windows 10 Professional: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
- Windows 10 Professional: NMH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
- Windows 10 Enterprise: NPPR9-FWDCX-D2C8J-H872K-2YT43
- Windows 10 Enterprise N: DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4
- Windows 10 Education: NW6C2-QMPVW-D7KKK-3GKT6-VCFB2
- Windows 10 Education N:2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
- Windows 10 Enterprise 2015:LTSB WNMTR-4C88C-JK8YV-HQ7T2-76DF9
- Windows 10 Enterprise 2015:LTSB N 2F77B-TNFGY-69QQF-B8YKP-D69TJ
- Windows 10 Enterprise 2016:LTSB DCPHK-NFMTC-H88MJ-PFHPY-QJ4BJ
- Windows 10 Enterprise 2016:LTSB N QFFDN-GRT3P-VKWWX-X7T3R-8B639
- Windows 10 Home Product Key: YTMG3-N6DKC-DKB77-7M9GH-8HVX7
- Windows 10 Home Single LanguageBT79Q-G7N6G-PGBYW-4YWX6-6F4BT
- Home: TX9XD-98N7V-6WMQ6-BX7FG-H8Q99
- Home N: 3KHY7-WNT83-DGQKR-F7HPR-844BM
- Home Single Language:7HNRX-D7KGG-3K4RQ-4WPJ4-YTDFH
- Home Country Specific: PVMJN-6DFY6-9CCP6-7BKTT-D3WVR
- Professional: W269N-WFGWX-YVC9B-4J6C9-T83GX
- Professional N: MH37W-N47XK-V7XM9-C7227-GCQG9
- Professional Workstations: NRG8B-VKK3Q-CXVCJ-9G2XF-6Q84J
- Professional Workstations N:9FNHH-K3HBT-3W4TD-6383H-6XYWF
- Professional Education:6TP4R-GNPTD-KYYHQ-7B7DP-J447Y
- Education N: 2WH4N-8QGBV-H22JP-CT43Q-MDWWJ
- Enterprise N: DPH2V-TTNVB-4X9Q3-TJR4H-KHJW4
- Enterprise G:YYVX9-NTFWV-6MDM3-9PT4T-4M68B
- Enterprise G N:44RPN-FTY23-9VTTB-MP9BX-T84FV
- Windows 10 Pro build 10240– VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T
- Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 10074, 10122, and 10130: 6P99N-YF42M-TPGBG-9VMJP-YKHCF
- Windows 10 Core Insider Preview build 10158, 10159, 10162, and 10166: KTNPV-KTRK4-3RRR8-39X6W-W44T3
- Windows 10 Technical Preview: NKJFK-GPHP7-G8C3J-P6JXR-HQRJR
- Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview build 10074 and 10122: VTNMT-2FMYP-QCY43-QR9VK-WTVCK
- Windows 10 Professional Insider Preview build 10158, 10159, 10162, and 10166: 8N67H-M3CY9-QT7C4-2TR7M-TXYCV
- Windows 10 Professional build 1511: YTYG9-FR8RD-QBQC8-HC7J2-2JJF
Ways to Activate Windows
Now that you have a lot of working keys, the next question is how you will activate. Now there are different methods as to how you can activate windows. Let us take a quick look at the first:
- Using Command Prompt
- Using a legal Windows Product Key
- Using Batch File Method
- Using a third-party Windows Activator
- Activation without Internet
These processes mentioned above are the 4 most common and most used techniques to activate windows. Without further ado, let us see how these processes work:
Using Command Prompt
Activating Windows using the Command Prompt is a very useful and one of the most used processes to activate windows. The process is very simple and straightforward, and even an amateur can perform it with ease. Let us see the steps:
- First, you need to choose which Product Key you are going to use
- The second step is to open the Command Prompt. To do this, all you need to do is go to the search bar and search “cmd” and press enter. The command prompt window will open up.
- The third step is to enter the following command “slmgr/ipk yourlicensekey.” In this command, “yourlicensekey” is basically where you will have to enter your license key, which is your product key.
- Then in the fourth step, you must press the enter button.
- In the fifth step, you will need to connect to the server, which is named KMS. You must now enter the following command “slmgr /skms kms8.msguides.com.”
- In the final step, you must enter the command “slmgr /ato” and press enter.
Using a Legal Windows Product Key
Now there is always an option to use a legal Key, which you might have bought or got from somewhere. To get a legal Product Key, you can always go to the windows store and buy a license to provide you with a product key. Once you have a legal working product key, these are the following steps you must do:
- First and foremost, you need to go to settings. You can go to settings by clicking on the windows button and clicking on settings.
- Once you are in the settings menu, you will see an option called Update and security; click on that.
- On the left-hand side menu, you will then see an option called Activation.
- Once you click Activation, you will see an option called “Change Product Key” click on that.
- Then all you have to do is enter the key you just bought and press next.
That’s it, and now your Windows 10 will be activated.
Using Batch File Method
Using the batch method to activate windows is a very old trick and still works flawlessly.
- The first step is to visit this site and copy the whole content.
- Then you need to create a new text document and paste the code which you copied from the website.
- Then you need to save the file. Put any name you want, but at the end put .bat extension as this will allow windows to run it for activation. For example activation.bat
- Then after you saved the bat file right-click on it and run it as administrator.
- That is all, and now you wait as the procedure completes, and your windows are activated!
Using a third-party Windows Activator
There are a lot of Softwares available on the market which can activate windows with the click of a button. Yes, it is that easy! For such cases, you do not even need a license key. All you need to do is download the software and let it do its magic! One such very famous software is KMSPico. Let us now see how we can use this software to activate windows:
- The First step is to download KMSPico.
- Now you need to install the software. You can easily install it by double-clicking the installer which you just downloaded.
- Once the software has been installed, you need to open it.
- After opening it, you will notice that there is a red switch button. Now all you have to do is press that button. Do not worry; not all red switch buttons are bad!
- Now all you have to do is waiting for the activation procedure to get over.
- Once the activation procedure gets over, you can head to system settings and see if your Windows 10 is activated or not!
Activation Without Internet
Yes, it is also possible to activate WIndows without an Internet Connection. Many people in the world do not have a proper Internet connection, and even if they want to activate their windows, they are unable to do so. For such people, this method was thought of, and it works flawlessly.
- First, you need to start RUN. You can either do that by holding the Windows Key and X and from the menu clicking on RUN or by going to search and searching for RUN and then clicking on it.
- After RUN opens, all you need to do is type slui.exe4 and press the enter key.
- Then you need to choose from which country you belong, or you are in right now.
- Then you need to choose the option “Phone Activation.”
- All you need to do is, be on call with a Microsoft representative as he or she activates your windows.
1. Is it possible to run Windows 10 without activating?
Yes, it is possible to run Windows 10 without activating, but many features will be locked, and the operating system will not function to its full potential.
2. Is it possible to get Windows 10 for free?
Although Microsoft has ended the free trial period, if you have an original Windows 7 or Windows 8 device, you can upgrade for free.
3. How much does windows 10 product keys usually cost?
A legal copy of Windows costs $120 for the Home edition and $200 for the Pro.
4. I want to know my windows 10 product key, how do I find it?
Usually, if you own a legal copy of Windows, you will receive a cd or an email, and you will have the code inside them. In case you want to find out manually, all you have to do is open the command prompt by typing cmd on the search bar. Then on the command prompt type, “wmic path SoftwareLicensingServiceget 0A3xOriginalProductKey “and press enter. Then your product key will be shown to you.
5. Is it possible to use a Product Key more than once?
Yes, it is possible. Some copies of Windows can be used thrice on three different systems.
6. How to find my Windows 10 product ID key?
Follow the simple steps if you want to know where the product key is.
- Go to settings
- Click on update and security
- Go to activation.
Check the page thoroughly. If you have any activation key or product key, it would be mentioned here. Your digital license would mention your activation key.
7. Can I activate Windows 10 home with a product key?
No, one cannot activate Windows 10 home with Windows 10 product key. Even if you try to do so, the system wouldn’t recognize your request. Windows 10 home used its unique activation key.
8. How to activate my Windows 10 without a product key?
- Normally install Windows 10 on your system.
- You would be asked for your product key so that you can activate Windows.
- If you don’t have a product key, click on the “I don’t have a product key” link.
Windows will allow you to carry your installation. If you are asked to enter your product key anywhere else, click on a similar link to skip the screen.
9. When did Windows 10 stop being available for free?
It’s been long since Microsoft stopped providing free updates of Windows 10. On 29th July 2016, Microsoft officially ended the Get Windows 10 program for free. Earlier people used to update their Windows 10 OS using this program. This program also offered updates of Windows 10 to any Windows user, no matter which version is it.
10. Is Windows 10 free forever?
If you are a student, chances are that you can obtain a Windows 10 education for free. Of course, there are eligibility criteria, fulfilling which you can get a Windows 10 education license forever. Using this license, you can update your OS for free. You would be able to retain the license, even after the completion of your academics. Similarly, if you are a teacher, you might not obtain the free license, but can avail the discount to a great extent.
11. Are the cheap Windows 10 Product Keys legit?
While it might seem enticing to reach out for the cheaper Windows 10 product keys, we wouldn’t recommend buying these. Not only are you going to end losing your spent money, but you will also have issues programming them. Microsoft also doesn’t endorse these kinds of keys, which is another reason why they shouldn’t be bought.
12. Why are the Windows 10 Product keys so cheap?
If you buy the legit Windows 10 Product Keys, you wouldn’t be saying that at all. Instead, the legit ones do cost a substantial amount that you have to pay to sort things out. The cheaper options that you find on the internet are not worth the money because they aren’t from real sources.
- 0.1 Why do you need an original version of Windows 10?
- 0.2 Everything you need to know about Product Keys
- 0.3 How to check if your Windows 10 is activated or not?
- 1 List of Working Windows 10 Product Keys & Activation Code
- 1.1 Ways to Activate Windows
- 1.2 Using Command Prompt
- 1.3 Using a Legal Windows Product Key
- 1.4 Using Batch File Method
- 1.5 Using a third-party Windows Activator
- 1.6 Activation Without Internet
- 1.7 FAQS
- 1.8 1. Is it possible to run Windows 10 without activating?
- 1.9 2. Is it possible to get Windows 10 for free?
- 1.10 3. How much does windows 10 product keys usually cost?
- 1.11 4. I want to know my windows 10 product key, how do I find it?
- 1.12 5. Is it possible to use a Product Key more than once?
- 1.13 6. How to find my Windows 10 product ID key?
- 1.14 7. Can I activate Windows 10 home with a product key?
- 1.15 8. How to activate my Windows 10 without a product key?
- 1.16 9. When did Windows 10 stop being available for free?
- 1.17 10. Is Windows 10 free forever?
- 1.18 11. Are the cheap Windows 10 Product Keys legit?
- 1.19 12. Why are the Windows 10 Product keys so cheap?